Human Dignity in the Arab World
His Royal Highness Prince El Hassan bin Talal believes that whatever takes away from human dignity must be questioned – irrespective of its effect on political order or economic growth.
That’s why HRH has called for a humanitarian perspective that:
- Recognizes each one of us is no more but also no less than a human being.
- Takes a long-term view of human welfare.
- Identifies values common to all humans and promotes an ethic of human solidarity.
Today, the solutions to urgent problems are too often focused on military or “hard” security. However, military solutions do not address the root causes of conflict – be it lack of access to justice, education, property, water or employment.
At the Majlis El Hassan, we are focused on helping develop solutions to bring about lasting peace by looking at the human dimension of every conflict
1. Read an article on “Human Dignity” written by HRH Prince El Hassan bin Talal.
2. Read "A Template of Hope" - a document that shared with HRH His Holiness Pope Francis.